This is the latest version of the Duet 2 Wifi
Duet 2 Wifi is an advanced 32 bit electronics for the control of 3D printers and other CNC machines. It has the same features as the Duet 2 Ethernet other than providing a WiFi connectivity rather than ethernet, full feature description is available in our documentation , in summary:
- Powerful 32 Bit Processor
- Dedicated Wifi module
- Super quiet TMC2660 stepper drivers, up to 256 microstepping.
- High speed SD card and support for a second SD external card if required.
- Dual extruders on the main board, up to 5 more extruders on the expansion board.
- High Power rating: Each stepper driver is capable of 2.8A motor current, currently limited in software to 2.4A. The bed heater channel is specifically designed for high current (18A).
- Connect via PC, tablet or smartphone on the same network to the on board web interface.
- Setup your printer and update the firmware through the web interface.
- All common 3D printer geometries are supported
- Expandable up to 7 extruders with Firmware support for mixing nozzles and remapping axes to use high power external drivers.
- Support for the PanelDue: a full colour graphic touch screen
- Provided with Molex compatible plugs and crimps as well as ferrules for power and heater terminals.
Connector packs are included!!
Fast, quiet, high quality prints
Powerful 32 Bit Processor
Atmel SAM4E8E: 120MHz ARM Cortex-M4 microcontroller with floating point unit, 512Kb flash memory, 128Kb RAM and many peripherals.
Super quiet TMC2660 stepper drivers
SPI controlled stepper drivers capable of up to 256 microstepping. Current and microsteps can both be changed on the fly for optimum speed and power efficiency.
3 heater/thermistor channels for a heated bed and 2 extruders. 3 PWM controllable and 2 always-on fans. These can be run from either the input voltage, from 5V, or from external power for added flexibility.
High Power rating
Each stepper driver is capable of 2A motor current, with further increases possible after thermal testing. The bed heater channel is specifically designed for high currents.
Dedicated Wifi module
Running on a separate processor, this leaves the main processor free to do precise stepper pulse timing and implement other advanced features.
Connect via PC, tablet or smartphone on the same network: there is no need for an app install or internet connectivity. Also connect via USB or serial if desired.
Use your printer in any room covered by your WiFi network. No need to be tethered by USB or Ethernet cabling any more.
WPA-2 encryption for network security, with further security changes coming soon. The DuetWifi does not need to be connected to the internet - keep it on a local network for added security.
A pleasure to use
Easy and convenient
Connect directly to your printer from any modern web browser. Control your printer, upload and start prints from the browser. Monitor prints from an external webcam (not provided).
Most Printers Supported
All common 3D printer geometries are supported, with easily modified configuration templates for popular designs. Along with 3D printers a wide variety of CNC machines and lasercutters can be controlled.
Easy to configure
Setup your printer and update the firmware through the web interface. No need to compile your own firmware.
All settings are done through G-code, giving maximum control flexibility. Write your own macros for homing, pause, resume and much more.
Up to 7 extruders
Support for a further 5 stepper drivers and heaters on the expansion header. Firmware support for mixing nozzles and remapping axes to use high power external drivers.
Touch Screen Support
The optional PanelDue controller provides a full colour graphic touch screen controller with virtual keyboard. Also talks G-code for maximum flexibility.
Advanced Calibration Support
Use an optional add-on of DC42’s highly repeatable contactless IR bed probe combined with advanced firmware features for more accurate printer calibration.
Accurate temperature control
Automatic ADC gain calibration for thermistors allows for accurate and repeatable temperature setting. In addition PT100 and Thermocouples are supported through new SPI daughterboards.